What are the benefits of a KCDC membership?
Every membership level gets:
- Unlimited FREE admission for all named individuals for a full 12 months!
- 10% discount in our Discovery gift shop
- Member discounts on special evening events
- 10% discount on camps and birthday parties
Our Discover "Plus One" members get:
- All of the above PLUS...
- 50% off admission for up to 6 people at all Association of Children's Museums locations around the US!
How much does a membership cost?
Discover Membership: $99
- Free admission for 2 named adults and up to 3 children under 18 living in the same household, or up to 3 grandchildren, per visit.
Discover "Plus One" Membership: $129
- Free admission for 2 named adults, 4 children under 18 in the same household or up to 4 grandchildren, +1 additional guest per visit!
Buying a gift for a large family? Contact us today about our Discover Premier membership option!
How do I purchase a gift membership?
Online - Click here to get started immediately! All online membership purchases are active upon payment.
In Person - Download the registration form and bring it in on your next visit or fill out a registration form at the front desk. Your gift membership can be activated at that time, or a Gift Certificate can be issued to you and the membership will be activated when the family brings it in on their first visit!
Over the Phone - Call our Membership Manager at 785-783-8300
What can I give as a gift?
Printable Gift Certificate - All online membership purchases will receive a confirmation email containing a link to a fill-able PDF certificate that you can print and gift as a gift.
Physical Gift Certificate - A gift certificate will be given to you upon purchase of a gift membership at our front desk!
Membership Cards - Membership cards can take 2-4 weeks to print depending on the time of year. If you've purchased a "Discover Plus One" membership, we recommend giving the recipient a gift certificate and their membership cards will be issued to them at their first visit. Our $99 "Discover" membership does not come with membership cards. Both memberships allow for "card-less" check-in at our front desk!
- If you have chosen to have the membership delivered directly to the gift recipient, we will mail a gift certificate to them upon purchase.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you purchase a membership after December 15 and ask that it be delivered to the gift recipient, we cannot guarantee that the gift certificate will arrive to them by Christmas Day. However, their membership will still be active and ready to go!
- Renewing an active membership will add 12 months to the current expiration date, so there will be no lost time for renewing early.
- Memberships purchased online are active immediately upon payment! If you would like your gift membership to be activated at a later date, please purchase a gift certificate at our front desk during business hours, or over the phone by calling 785-783-8300. Gift certificates must be turned in to the front desk on the recipient's first visit in order to activate their membership.