Guest Experience Coordinator
We're looking for a fabulously friendly person to join our Discovery Center team. The Guest Experience Coordinator is responsible for creating moments of discovery and joy for the thousands of children and former children who visit the museum from all over the world.
About the Discovery Center: The Kansas Children’s Discovery Center is a hands-on children’s museum with a mission to enhance the lives of children and enrich the communities it serves. Since opening in 2011 in Topeka, Kansas, the Discovery Center has become a special place where children can explore, create, discover and learn through play. The museum has hosted visitors from all 50 states and 23 countries. The Discovery Center features 15,000 square feet of indoor exhibits exploring science, careers, art, building and more, special space for babies and toddlers, and a 4.5-acre certified Nature Explore Outdoor Classroom. Daily programs, field trips, birthday parties and other special events provide additional opportunities for serious fun. Outreach programs bring quality, hands-on experiences into our community to inspire a lifelong love of learning for every child.
The position: Guest Experience Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that every guest enjoys an exceptional and engaging experience when visiting the Kansas Children’s Discovery Center. This position is full time, Wednesday-Sunday and includes some evenings.
Responsibilities: Manage Guest Experience of the Museum during operating hours daily Wednesday through-Sunday
- Daily lead a diverse staff and ensure the delivery of superior guest experience throughout the Museum from open to close.
- Individually interact with Guests to meet their needs and to learn how to improve the experience the museum offers in the future.
- Ensure daily operations (daily safety & preparation checklists, appropriate supply stock) are performed by Guest-facing staff.
- Ensure the safety of all employees and Guests by overseeing the daily operation of exhibits, including daily verification of safety checklists, including cleaning and disinfection procedures throughout the hours of operation.
- Address and communicate regarding issues that arise from Guest concerns.
- Communicate the condition of the Museum and its exhibits to appropriate staff to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Follow all internal protocols for opening and closing the museum, including some rentals and special events. Including, but not limited to, cash-handling procedures, daily verification of floor staffing and supplies.
- Oversee coordination of the scheduling of volunteers, birthday parties and facility rentals
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous management experience in retail, hospitality, museum or other service industry.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound decision making.
- Dependable and consistent.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Cash handling experience.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Proven experience in and passion for guest experience and operations.
- Ability to pass a physical examination, background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time both indoors and outdoors.
Salary Range: $36,000- $42,000 annually
Benefits: This is a full-time position with excellent benefits including health insurance; short term and long-term disability; Simple IRA retirement plan; and generous paid time off.
To apply: Email your resume to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applicants and limited hiring capacity, we will only contact and interview those candidates whose availability, skills, and background best fit the needs of the position. Please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence. The Kansas Children’s Discovery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Considering relocation? Visit https://choosetopeka.com/ for tons of reasons to make Topeka home.