Birthday Party FAQs
What party options are available and how much do they cost?
We offer great options for every party size and budget. Check out our main party page for options.
What is included in a Discovery Center birthday party scheduled during operating
- Private party room for one (1) hour.
- A birthday coordinator will escort you and your guests back to the party room.
- Napkins, utensils, plates and cups.
- A full-sized refrigerator with freezer is located in each party room for your convenience.
- A special birthday announcement from the Discovery Center’s paging system.
- 10% off in our Discovery Shop on the day of your party!
What is your payment, cancellation, and schedule change policy?
Full payment is due at the time of booking. Cancellations received 7 days in advance of the party date will result in a refund of payment less a $50 non-refundable booking fee. Failure to notify of cancellation at least three (3) days prior to the party date will result in forfeiture of the payment.
How do my guests check in?
- Guests check in under the birthday child’s name. A birthday coordinator will be at the front desk to escort them to the party room.
- If the group is early, they will be invited to play until the designated in-room party time.
When can the host set up the party room?
- Hosts can begin set-up 15 minutes prior to the reserved party room time.
- Please check in at the front desk and your birthday coordinator will escort you to your room.
What if we have more than the maximum number of guests for our selected
No problem! You can pay $9 per additional guest over your maximum (20, 30, or 40 depending on the party selected) or upgrade to the next highest party with advance notice, whichever works best for you!
Can I decorate the party room?
Absolutely! Decorations may be attached to the orange panels in each room with the push pins provided. Tape and other adhesives are not allowed on any walls in the Discovery Center. Please discuss arrangements with the birthday coordinator.
Do I need to clean up afterwards?
You are welcome to assist with pick-up of trash and leftover refreshments, but KCDC provides staff to clean up and prepare the room for the next birthday party. There are trash cans located in each party room for your convenience. Please do not throw away Eco-friendly, reusable tableware!
How long can my guests play at the Discovery Center?
Guests of your party are welcome to unlimited play the day of your party while the Discovery Center is open!
Can we delay our party arrival or departure?
- There is often a party scheduled before and/or after yours, so we ask your help in arriving and departing the party room on time!
- Additional time can be added on to your party package based on availability for an additional fee.