Birthday Party FAQs
What party options are available and how much do they cost?
We offer great options for every party size and budget. Check out our main party page for options.
What is included in a Discovery Center birthday party scheduled during operating
- Private party room for one (1) hour.
- A birthday coordinator will escort you and your guests back to the party room.
- Napkins, utensils, plates and cups.
- A full-sized refrigerator with freezer is located in each party room for your convenience.
- A special birthday announcement from the Discovery Center’s paging system.
- 10% off in our Discovery Shop on the day of your party!
What is your payment, cancellation, and schedule change policy?
A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve each party room, which is deducted from your final party cost. The final balance is due at check-in on the day of your party.
How do my guests check in?
- Guests check in under the birthday child’s name. A birthday coordinator will be at the front desk to escort them to the party room.
- If the group is early, they will be invited to play until the designated in-room party time.
When can the host set up the party room?
- Hosts can begin set-up 15 minutes prior to the reserved party room time.
- Please check in at the front desk to take care of any remaining balance and your birthday coordinator will escort you to your room.
What if we have more than the maximum number of guests for our selected
No problem! You can pay $9 per additional guest over your maximum (20, 30, or 40 depending on the party selected) or upgrade to the next highest party, whichever works best for you! Do you plan to have more than 40 guests? Consider booking an Outrageous Fun Party! For $600, you can rent the Discovery Center indoor facility and have a 2 hour private, after-hours birthday party for up to 60 guests. For an additional $100, your guests can also take advantage of our Outdoor Adventure. Talk about Serious Fun!
Can I decorate the party room?
Absolutely! Decorations may be attached to the orange panels in each room with the push pins provided. Tape and other adhesives are not allowed on any walls in the Discovery Center. Piñatas are allowed outside only. Please discuss arrangements with the birthday coordinator.
Do I need to clean up afterwards?
You are welcome to assist with pick-up of trash and leftover refreshments, but KCDC provides staff to clean up and prepare the room for the next birthday party. There are trash cans located in each party room for your convenience. Please do not throw away Eco-friendly, reusable tableware!
How long can my guests play at the Discovery Center?
Guests of your party are welcome to unlimited play the day of your party while the Discovery Center is open!
Can we delay our party arrival or departure?
- There is often a party scheduled before and/or after yours, so we ask your help in arriving and departing the party room on time!
- An additional 30 minutes can be added on to your party package for a $50 add-
- Still worried about not having enough time? Book an Outrageous Fun Party! For $600, you can have an after-hours private party for 2 hours. And you don’t have to worry about cake and drinks – we’ll take care of that!