A spaceship that sails under the sea? A blimp that ferries a boat? Travel Adventure is coming to the Kansas Children’s Discovery Center April 10 to June 1, 2019!
This amazing exhibit created by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis the invites children and families to use one of the greatest building materials of all time – LEGO® bricks – as a vehicle for imagination.
Where do you want to go? What does your vehicle need to do to get there? In Travel Adventure, you’re not just along for the ride! Choose an amazing destination and build your dream machine! Inspired by LEGO®, you can make the perfect means of transportation. What will you build?
Children and their families will enjoy creating out of LEGO® bricks with:
- Build and Play Tables and Travel Tracks–build table filled with LEGO® DUPLO® brick and car bodies. Two downhill tracks with lanes sized for LEGO® DUPLO® cars offer preschoolers the chance to race their newly built cars.
- Build and Play Tables–three build tables with partial LEGO® stud tops and large brick bins await creators.
- “Travel Challenge” Computer Game–build a virtual vehicle to meet a series of travel challenges, such as lava, swamps, rivers, and oceans!
Visitors will also have the opportunity to see many LEGO creations built by LEGO Master Builders including:
- LEGO DUPLO Race Car Photo Op–a large LEGO DUPLO model of a child-sized race car provides a fun opportunity for play and family photos.
- “Vehicles in Action” Cases–four display cases show off a variety of realistic LEGO brick vehicles against travel destinations backdrops.
- T.A.V. Adventure Scene–a custom-built LEGO brick diorama depicts the “Travel Adventure Vehicle” (T.A.V.) meeting multiple travel challenges on land, below the sea, and through the air.