Give the children in your life the lasting gift of membership!
Gift memberships may be purchased online or in-person at the museum.
Gift memberships purchased online will start immediately and will expire 12 months after the date of purchase.
If I buy a gift membership, what can I give to the recipient?
- Printable Gift Certificate: All online membership purchases will receive a confirmation email containing a link to a fillable PDF certificate that you can print out and gift as a gift.
- Physical Gift Certificate: Memberships purchased at the front desk come with a gift certificate and can be activated after the purchase date. Membership sales and discounts, like our annual Black Friday Membership Sale, do not apply to gift certificate purchases.
- Make it special: The Discovery Shop features Kansas Children's Discovery Center stuffed animals, shirts and other branded merchandise that make a great accompaniment to a membership gift.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Free admission to the Kansas Children's Discovery Center.
- $1 off admission for up to four guests per visit.
- 10% discount on Discovery Shop merchandise, birthday parties, and some special events.
- Access to members-only events.
- Reciprocal benefit of 50% discount on admission at over 150 Association of Children's Museum (ACM) locations nationwide. (Discover Plus One only)
- Support new programs, exhibits and experiences for all community children.
If I buy a membership online, when does my membership start?
Right away! Your membership will start immediately and will expire 12 months after the date of purchase.
Do I need to show a membership card to use my membership?
No, to make coming to the museum as easy as possible, just give your name and show ID at the front desk to check in with your membership. Discover Plus One members do receive cards to use at other ACM locations.
Can I upgrade my membership to the next level if I change my mind?
Yes! You may upgrade at anytime.
Are there additional membership options for large families?
Yes. Contact us for additional options for families with more than five children in the same household.
If one of my named adults can't come, can another adult come in their place?
Only the named adults are covered under the membership, additional adults are only covered at the Discover Plus One level.
Can I get a refund on my membership or transfer it to someone else?
No. Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Do memberships cover my child's admission when he or she visits on a field trip?
No. Because field trip fees cover the additional programming offered for groups, children's admissions cannot be covered by membership. However, adult chaperones may check-in under their memberships when coming with a field trip.
Can I try visiting before purchasing a membership?
Yes! Take us for a test drive. If you come to the museum and pay admission, we will deduct your admission price from the membership cost, as long as you purchase the membership on the same day as your visit.