How does the Discovery Center maintain a clean, safe environment for visitors?
- The cleaning procedures in place at the Discovery Center follow strict internal guidelines as well as the safety guidelines issued by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- The museum is professionally cleaned regularly.
- All toys and exhibits are disinfected in our dishwasher or with a hospital grade disinfectant spray daily.
- The restrooms are professionally cleaned throughout the week and maintained by staff throughout the day.
- While sanitizer is available throughout the museum, we still encourage staff and patrons to wash their hands with soap and water whenever possible.
- Staff and volunteers are encouraged to stay home if they feel ill and they are not penalized for doing so.
- We also encourage visitors to keep children home if they or their children are feeling unwell, and have posted our sick person policy at the museum and online as a reminder.
- We use special cleaning procedures for our Medical Warriors.