Is my child well enough to visit the Discovery Center?
The Kansas Children’s Discovery Center works to provide a safe and healthy environment for all of our visitors. Towards this end, we request the following policy be followed by our visitors, staff and volunteers.
A general rule to follow is that if you or your child have a fever or are too sick to go to work or school, then you are too sick to visit the museum.
The following guidelines are more specific and we request that visitors with these symptoms not visit the museum:
- Flu (headache, fever/chills, lethargy, cough)
- Conjunctivitis or “pink eye” infection
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Impetigo (infectious skin disease which shows up as small pimples that turn into red blisters in a circular pattern)
- Strep Throat (child must be on antibiotics for 48 hours before coming to the museum.)
- Any of the following contagious diseases: measles, mumps, rubella, roseola, and chicken pox. Children with chicken pox may not come until all of the sores are crusted and there are no new eruptions.