The Kansas Children’s Discovery Center will host the nationally traveling XOXO: An Exhibit About Love & Forgiveness from January 19 to April 17, 2024! Created by the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh with support from The Fetzer Institute, the exhibit invites visitors to explore feelings through facial expressions, words, movement, art, and other hands-on activities.
XOXO: An Exhibit About Love & Forgiveness is an exhibit about feelings where you are encouraged to play, act silly, and consider what makes you sad, mad and happy. Visitors will asks questions, listen and learn about themselves and the people around them. This exhibit encourages visitors to take a deep breath and explore these feelings through interactive experiences. XOXO is included in the cost of regular admission and will also be open during monthly free nights on February 15 and March 21, 2024.
At XOXO visitors can:
- Illuminate a hidden message about love by Holding Hands
- Answer questions about love and forgiveness, and tie them to a wall for others to read at the Response Wall
- Write down loving thoughts and press them into Tokens of Love
- Work together to Balance on a seesaw or connect an infinite Story Puzzle
- Create Silhouettes using a unique set up of light boxes
- Build and explore a variety of facial expressions using Empathy Blocks
- Release the Negative by drawing or writing down what makes you angry or sad and then crank it through a paper shredder
- Speak into Tone Phones and watch how your voice affects shapes projected on a screen.
Plan Your Visit
What Else is Here?
What will you discover at the Kansas Children's Discovery Center?