What you need:
- Parents or caregivers
- A favorite song
- Books or magazines
- Boppy or Pillow
- Talk, coo, sing and hum to your baby. You are your baby’s favorite toy right now!
- Read to your baby or tell them a story.
- Tummy time! Let your baby spend a few moments on their tummy on the floor, on a boppy or pillow or on your chest face to face. Tummy time should be for just a few moments. Your baby will get tired fairly fast.
- Dance with your baby slowly. Sway and spin around. Listen to different types of music and see what your baby enjoys.
Ways to expand it:
- Your baby will be developing and doing new things every day! The more you play and engage with your baby, the more their brain development will be enhanced. Baby’s fine and gross motor skills will be developing too.
- Bring a big sibling into the play. Big sisters or brothers love to help, and singing songs or telling stories to baby is a great way for them to get involved.
- Tummy time. Placing your baby on their stomach while they play to help them work on lifting their head and developing their gross motor skills. Remember: back to sleep, tummy to play. Babies should be awake during tummy time and always supervised.